Compare and find difference in File and contents of File between 2 folders
Sometimes, when you make a backup of files and folders and do not sync together, then it must have become hard for you to identify changes between 2 files and changes between 2 content over-all inside 2 folders, right?
Well here is the nice cool solution for you, if you run Unix like systems like "Linux" or "Macintosh". All you have to do is use "diff" command. It's simple:-
Open a terminal and Run a command like below:-
diff -ENwburq /path/to/folder-one /path/to/folder-two
and that's it, Press enter and the whole new list will appear in front of you if there is any difference between file or contents of the file between two folders.
NOTE: do not forget to replace "`/path/to/folder-one`" and "`/path/to/folder-two`" with your own folders, that you wish to compare.
To find out more, what does `diff` does, simply run below command:-
If you need to know, what all those arguments `-ENwburq` does and what are other arguments, you can use, simply run below command:-
Related Results :
- [How-to] Setup Custom full root or Sub-Domain for Profile and Course
- Introduction to HTML
- HTML Basic Tags and Elements
- HTML Attributes
- HTML Formatting
- HTML Phrase Formatting
- HTML Comment Tags
- HTML Meta and OG (Opengraph) Tags
- HTML Images
- HTML Tables
- HTML Lists
- Introduction to Python
- Variables and Types
- Lists, Tuples & Dictionary
- Basic Operators
- If else-elif else nested if Statement
- For & While Loops
- String Formatting
- Functions in Python
- Basic String Operations
- Classes and Objects
- self in python class
- Built-In & More Classes & Objects
- Modules and Packages
- Introduction to CSS
- CSS Syntax & Selectors
- Include CSS
- CSS Measuring Units
- CSS Colors
- CSS - Background
- Related Posts are generally User Blog posts.
- or Other tutorials from other networks of w3clan.com.
- Any registered user can create related posts based on search term tags.